Saturday, July 12, 2008

An update and a request for me to work in Sichuan

Things have been going really well here and the students have been working very hard!

Today is Saturday and I did not have to work today, so me and a few other facilitators went into Changping to go shopping and it was a very lovely day!

Earlier this week we rescued a kitten that was stuck in the Ceiling, but, perhaps I will explain more about that later, because for now I wanted to tell you about something that I might do next week, but I am still praying about it.

I was asked this morning if I would be able to travel to the Sichuan province (which is in the southern/central part of China - the area that was devastated by the earthquake) to work at a children's camp there. They need a lot of help there, what with the villages being destroyed and everything, and me being asked to go and work there for about a week was an important and exciting opportunity.
If I went, I would leave on Monday (in two days) and be there for about a week, but we are not sure exactly how much help is needed there so the time may vary.

The only problem is that I am going to need about $250 more in order to travel and stay there, and considering the fact that I still owe TeachOverseas more than $1000, things are not looking good. But the need is great, and my heart is open, and I know that if I am meant to go, I will be able to, but at this very moment I do not have the means!

If you are unsure about the extent of the damage in Sichcuan, or the need for volunteers to go there and work, just google "Sichuan Earthquake" to see.

So, dear friends and family and readers of this blog, If you are interested in supporting me, and not only me but the Chinese people here and God work in this country, please email me at: MorganA.Miller@gmail.com

Thank you a million times over for your support and prayers!

No comments: