Saturday, July 26, 2008

Back in Beijing!

The four of us who went to Sichuan just got back to T.I.P. this morning at around 6 am!

The 27 hour train ride went really well, and I have so many stories to tell I don't even know where to begin!!!

I will have to tell more about the adventures we had there - about the train rides and meeting the children, and living in the village of Shiban, and living in the Camps with the people, and being caught in a lightning storm, and getting to know Jessie, learning Chinese, singing Hokie-Pokie until I lost my voice, meeting the village "butcher", climbing up a mountain to find crazy mountain cows, seeing whole cities destroyed and displaced from the earthquake, meeting Phillip and Bill and Spencer and Louie, seeing the beautiful Sichuan countryside, hiking across a river, celebrating Hannah's birthday in Guangyuan, being in a restaurant during a huge earthquake, playing speed with Connor and "Warm" on the train, riding motorcycles with random Chinese people, sleeping in dirt and showering in cold water with other people, being sick and taking Chinese medicine, eating pig face and chicken feet for lunch, peeing in piles of poop, growing closer to God, learning the stories of the people, crying when we hugged the children goodbye, sharing all the love I know and have with everyone I met, and just all around experiencing every thrilling aspect about the journey.

Many, many, many, more stories (and literally thousands of pictures) to come!

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

*hugs* I'm glad you all made it back safely. How was the Chinese medicine? Everything sounds AMAZING, and I can't wait to hear about it! And see the pictures, of course. =D

Maya said...

So apparently I'm learning Chinese. Or relearning. Something along those lines.

Point is, I should probably start being fluent.

Let's converse when you get back, yeah? :D